It is one of the most fascinating questions of wine: which bottles are ageworthy and how to age them to perfection?
On Thursday, July 8th, join Mark Oldman in conversation with Dominic Chappellet and Chappellet winemaker Phillip Corallo-Titus as they delve into the secrets of aging Cabernet Sauvignon.
During this mini-master class on aging wine, guests may join Mark, Dominic, and Phillip for a tasting of two acclaimed vintages (one old and one new) of the Chappellet Signature Cabernet Sauvignon, as they discuss why mountain wines age so extraordinarily, and what qualities collectors should look for when acquiring wines to cellar.
In addition, we will cover:
- why mountain and valley floor wines age differently
- how a wine’s blend, as well as its oak, acidity, and tannin affect a wine’s ability to age
- optimal tools and techniques to cellar wine
- a slew of other strategies and tips to ensure the long-term life of your wines
- a tasting of Chappellet’s highly anticipated 2018 Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon